After a year’s absence, CRPCA has been invited to march for a sixth time in the Portland Rose Festival’s Grand Floral Parade. All Northwest RPCVs are invited to march with us, smiling and waving at an appreciative public while carrying the flag of a Peace Corps country–perhaps yours!
The 2018 parade is Saturday, June 9, morning to early afternoon; our start and end time will be announced soon.
Volunteer to participate in the parade today (flags are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis!) by filling out https://tinyurl.com/CRPCA-GFP2018. Be sure to list your first, second, and third choice flag. We aim to carry one flag for each Peace Corps country!
Marchers will have the choice of wearing host country attire OR a Peace Corps t-shirt with khaki pants. The parade goes forward in any weather, and marchers should be prepared to walk four miles.
Questions? Please contact Gordon Young, parade AT crpca.org or 503-631-2876.
As of October 18, 2017, CRPCA seeks 8 more volunteers for our 15 volunteer shift at a Habitat for Humanity build on Saturday, November 4. Note the firm RSVP deadline!
We’re volunteering at the Helensview Build Site, 6328 NE Killingworth Ct in Portland. The day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m.
In order to volunteer, each participant must register through Habitat’s online system using the link below. A strict registration deadline ensures our ability to provide your team a safe and fun volunteer day, and makes check-in the morning of your build quick and easy. Participants who have not registered before the deadline will be unable to volunteer. Thank you for your cooperation!
Build day: Saturday, November 4th
Registration Deadline: Friday, October 27th
To register, please visit: http://columbiariverpca.pdxhabitat.volunteerhub.com/
If you already have an account on Volunteer Hub, skip to step 4.
If you are new to Volunteer Hub, follow steps 1 through 8 below:
1. Click the “register” button. Create a username and password (make a note of this information so you can access project details at a later time) and click next.
2. Fill out the required User Details, review the waiver liability form, and click next.
3. Review your entered information and confirm your registration by clicking next.
4. Log in to your account
5. Your project should be listed near the bottom of the page under Upcoming Events. Review the project date and time, then click “sign up.”
6. Review the Event Registration information and click “next.”
7. Review the confirmation of your registration and if correct click “finish.”
8. You will shortly receive an email with project details. Please click “continue”
If you are having trouble completing registration please email Tor Ostrom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you haven’t yet checked out CRPCA’s new Facebook page, now is the time! Go to https://www.facebook.com/portlandpeacecorps/ today!