CRPCA’s campouts are where our families hike, swim, boat, and play together and where friends old and new share stories, songs, food and drink around a campfire.
Our 10th Annual Family Campout will take place Thursday, June 28 to Sunday, July 1, 2018 at The Cove Palisades State Park (group tent sites A & B), 14 miles southwest of Madras, Oregon.
The focus of the park is Lake Billy Chinook, a reservoir situated at the confluence of the Deschutes River and the Crooked River.
- Thursday, June 28: Check in as early as 4:00 pm.
- Saturday, June 30: Potluck dinner at 6:00 pm, followed by campfire tales and songs.
- Sunday, July 1: Check out by 1:00 pm.
Take US 26 past Mt Hood toward Bend. In Madras, make a right onto Oregon 361 South at D Street. Continue straight through the small town of Metolius, then make a right onto Gem Lane. Following signs to The Cove Palisades, make a left onto Frazier Drive and a right onto Peak Road, then stay straight onto Jordan Road. The road will snake down to the lake and then parallel the lake to a bridge. The group camp is the first left after crossing the bridge. Allow about three hours driving time from Portland.
New registrants are invited to pay by the person! Please pay on our Checkout page.
- Per adult (age 18+): $20
- Per child (age 6-17): $5
- Per preschooler: FREE
After paying, please send an e-mail to campout AT crpca.org with the following information:
- Names: First and last names of every person who will be in your vehicle.
- Vehicle: Make/model and license plate number (if known).
- Nights: Which nights you plan to camp with us (Thursday, Friday, and/or Saturday).
Contact Bill Stein at campout AT crpca.org or 503-830-0817.
This page has the following sub pages.