Columbia River Peace Corps Association
April 13, 2014
|Board Member Present||Position|
|Susie Robillard||E-Update Editor|
|Joel Salter||Grants Coordinator|
|Angie Basurtto||Program Coordinator|
|Bob Lockett||Membership Coordinator|
|Patrick Findler||Fundraising Coordinator|
|Tom DeMeo||Service Coordinator|
|Erin Gettling||Events Coordinator|
|Liz Samuels||Scheduling Coordinator|
|Meaghan Corwin||Newsletter Editor|
Approval of Minutes. Joel Salter moved that we approve the minutes as written, Susie Robillard seconded. All were in favor and motion carried
- Chuck: the local recruiter needs help with annual send-off party. Monday, April 28th, at the Multnomah Arts Center. Set up a table to showcase your Peace Corps Experience.
- Chuck: we have been contacted by NPCA regarding federal funding for Peace Corps, and asked to encourage our lawmakers to support funding for Peace Corps. Do we want to contact Ron Wyden encourage him to support funding for Peace Corps? General consensus was yes! No official vote was taken.
Discussion of new grants process
- Joel, Kat, and Erin described the proposed changes to our grants process, including a committee of 3-5 members who would read and provide feedback on grants, and then make a recommendation as to funding allocations three times a year.
- The following bylaw change was presented: Board Resolution 2: Grant Policy. The Association will accept grant applications at least once a year. The Association will fund International development projects and/or local projects from the proceeds of fundraising events and sales per Article VII, Section 4 of the CRPCA Bylaws.
- A Grant Committee will review all grant applications. They will be responsible for reading the grant application in full, asking questions of the grant applicant (should clarification be needed), and then proposing a recommendation to the full CRPCA membership at the next business meeting.
- The Grant Committee shall consist of 3 – 5 people, and will include the Grants Manager as well as CRPCA members. The Grant Committee members will serve for one full year.
- After the Grant Committee offers a recommendation for project funding, the final decision to fund will be made by a vote of all members in good standing, who are present at the Board meeting which coincides with the grant giving cycle.
- Grant Funding Criteria: (1) the Association has funds available, and (2) the requestor is an established philanthropic organization.
- Grant Preference: Project preference will be given to those applications that (1) have in-kind or matching contributions, (2) addresses a one-time need that has been brought about by an emergency circumstance, and/or (3) affiliated with an Oregon or SW Washington Peace Corps Volunteer or Returned Peace Corps Volunteer.
- Website: Grant program information, applications, and funded project information will be available on the CRPCA website.
- Joel moved that we accept the Bylaw Changes as written. The membership voted unanimously to accept this bylaw change. Joel Salter, Paul Robillard, Bill Stein, Kat Barnes, and Tom DeMeo will serve as our inaugural grants committee!
Election of new officers.
- Chuck McConnell facilitated, going through all open positions and taking nominations. Nominations were as follows:
President: Patrick Findler
Secretary: Erin Gettling
Treasurer: Matthew Forgue
E-Update Editor: Susie Robillard
Newsletter Editor/Webmaster: (1 person filling both roles): Meaghan Corwin
Education Coordinator: Kat Barnes and Dre Mayrose
Events Coordinator: Nora Olsgaard
Fundraising Coordinator: Phyllis Shelton
Grants Coordinator: Joel Salter
Membership Coordinator: Adrienne and Bob Wolf-Lockett
Networking Coordinator: Gordon Young
Program Coordinator: Angie Basurtto
Scheduling Coordinator: Liz Samuels
Service Coordinator: Tom DeMeo
- Rick Samuels moved to elect entire slate; Joel Salter seconded. Chuck called question: motion carried unanimously
- New roles begin May 1st. As people change or leave roles, important to pass along job description/ information/tips/ideas for how to best fulfill the role to the new person. Congratulations to all board members!
If you need a printable version of these minutes, please use the document version.